Tags

, , ,

No it is not my weight nor my unfinished projects! However, I am catching up ~ slowly.   I did finish cutting out the HST Inklingo shapes for the rest of the baby quilt.  I changed the layout so I needed more blocks of certain colors.  The leftover HST’s are going in a bin to save for a future project.  Since I had several requests to see the block, my daughter who is having the baby said it was okay to show a gender neutral version.  I did this block in a Civil War sampler last year and my other daughter picked it out as a favorite so I decided it would be fun for the baby.  I didn’t remember how time consuming it was but it is worth it.  The quilt will be adorable.

DSC08403

 

 

 

 

 

 

The block will finish at 5″ and has 37 pieces in each block.  This block can be confusing during construction if you don’t get the HSTs pointed in the correct direction.  I have had to use my “stitch buster” to rip more than a few blocks apart.  I decided to do 30 blocks 6 rows by 5 rows adding a very special bottom row before the borders.  I am excited to see the finish.  I wish I had done a better pressing job for you to see how perfectly the HST go together with Inklingo.  The stitching lines are so exact that I use and open foot instead of my 1/4″ so I can see the stitching lines on the fabric easier.  I also use my dual feed for all my piecing.  The smaller pieces sew much better with dual feed and I find I don’t have to pin as much.

I am off to smock the collars for the dresses.  After smocking the collars, I am doing a fancy stitch on the hem edge of the collar which I have never done before.  If I mess it up, it is back to the old standard collars. Maybe I can start construction next week. Fingers crossed!

Signature

 

 

Advertisements